Friday, July 31, 2009

Are Labs good dogs?

What about German Shepherds?
Answers:
i have 3 labs they are the sweetiest dogs and r really fun they r good swimmers and very fast runners also they r loyal and at times can b running around but then lay down right next 2 u and just lay their heads on ur lap and then u may even fall elsleep labs r much better take if from some1 who has 7 dogs and 3 of them r labs
German Shephards are much better, more loyal, protection, etc.
labs shed too much
id go with a malamua they look practically the same as a german shepherd but are more gentle and have better training ability
I myself have a GSD. she is a wonderful dog. The best dog i have ever had. She swims and rns every morning. Great personality. I strongly recomend them as pets
I'm not a dog lover but, it takes a good dog owner for any dog to be a good dog. for example:pit boles and rottweilers aren't good dogs but, they can be really friendly and good if you train them very well. that's what i think about dogs any ways.
Never had a german shepherd but i love labs they are soooo loyal, and very well mannered and mind well. They are my fav.
YES! I owned a black lab. They are so friendly. They are also full of love and happiness. They also are easy going and usually relaxed except for when the hear the word "walk"! LOL
i must say labs are better because they are loyal,caring,playful,and protective...the perfect dog
i don't know about german.but labs r good dogs n easy to trained.i got one.
yes labs are good dogs give them a treat every five days if there good German shepherds too do the same name them a good name
Yes, they are good dogs. But I have 2 German sheperds , and I just dont think that you'd find the same amount of love and loyalty with a Lab. My German sheperds love to be with me , and protect me , and they are really smart animals. So I would think that you'd be better off with German Shepherds.
Labs are very intelligent!
Yes...both of them! If you go to your local animal shelter, you should find a very good dog, just for you! =) Both breeds are loyal, easy to train, obedient, and good guard dogs for your house!
www.petfinder.com
our family has always had a lab, they are great with children and real members of the family. everyone who met ours loved her. ours had good guarding instincts...(not the stereotypical lick to death lab.)We had no trouble with her weight (she had a good diet though) She was brilliant with other dogs and animals too. (we live on a farm and my friends German shepherd was pretty badly behaved around other creatures). I myself have never owned a shepherd and so cant speculate, i know many happy owners but i am really a lab girl myself!
omg yes! they are sooo friendly nd luv 2 play with yu. i suggest getting one! they luv children... they play non aggresive. GET THE LAB!! :] I GOT MINE WEN IT WAZ VERY YOUNGE! THEY START OUT 2 BE ABOUT 10INCHES THEN THEY GET BIGGER... I LOVE THEM! TEND 2 RUN ALOT OUTSIDE BUH IF YU HAV A LEASH YU MIGHT WANT 2 PUT IT ON BUH THATS MINE! =] HOPE YU GET ONE!
I have a male GSD that i adore.They do shed a lot,but are very sweet.A GSD requires a lot of attention though.They are very active dogs.I would not recommend owning one if you cant devote a certain amount of time for training,walking,etc.Labradors are also very friendly dogs.They shed less and do not require as much exercise as GSD.I would suggest reading up on personality traits of various breeds and talk to your vet about which breed would best fit your lifestyle.
Love my lab to death - he's such a goofball. Laying on the floor in front of me right now happily sleeping with his paws up in the air.
Had a German Shepard when I was younger - he was a great dog as well, but my lab tends to need less stimulation to be happy. So - depends on how much time to you have to focus just on the dog but neither one is a bad choice if you are ready to have a dog in your life.
Good luck.
Labs and german shepards are both gr8 dogs. I have 5 labs and my pap has a german shepard. Labs are VERY playful so if u can handle their constant need 4 love and attention, then u should definately get a lab. 1 of my labs is VERY jumpy and as soon as I walk in the door she jumps all over me but i no that she's only doing it cause she mised me when i was gone. If u want a dog that will protect u, then get a german shepard. They will defend u against nething. Good luck!
Labradors and German Shepherds are BOTH good dogs, and it doesn't matter by breed. They're all loyal and people-oriented!
Labradors- They are loving, affectionate, lovable, and patient dogs. They're also highly intelligent, loyal, willing, and high spirited. As they are lively and good-natured, they love to play with people, especially in water, for they love to swim! They have an excellent, reliable, temperment and are friendly and superb with children, and all ages. They crave human attention and are social dogs, just like German Shepherds are! Honestly, I think Labradors have an enthusiastic attitude toward life, have a short %26 easy-care coat in your choice of three colors, have a cheerful %26 tail-wagging nature, are dependable with everyone, and are peaceful with other animals.
German Shepherds- A member of the herding group, the German Shepherd is fearless, bold, hard working, and alert. They are esteemed for their loyalty, deep devotion, and courage. This breed thrives on human interaction from their family and does not like to be left alone for extended periods of time. German Shepherds are exceptionally wary of strangers. They will most generally get along with other household pets they have been raised with. This breed will attempt to perform the task of herding on anything and everything that moves. The German Shepherd is not recommended for the novice, apathetic, or sedentary owner. German Shepherds make an excellent companion, for children, teenagers, and adults. The breed is known and favored in many countries for its intelligence, trainability, adaptability and fortitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment