Thursday, July 30, 2009

Anyone own a bunny?

I have to convince my dad I can handle a bunny, but I really want to know, are they really THAT hard to care for? I have done a lot of research on the topic, but I just wanted to know from other bunny owners.
Answers:
Well, here are the disadvantages, and the advantages of owning a rabbit:
Disadvantages:
You have to "spot clean" their cage every day, along with a full cleaning of the cage once a week.
They need to be played with everyday for at least 10 minutes.
They can cost a lot of money! If you put together the cage, toys, food, food dish(es), water bottle, bedding, vet bills, gromming stuff, and everything else that you need!
They aren't the easiest pets to handle. yes, they can be VERY cute, but, I would recommend that you get a rabbit, that, enjoys being picked up!
Advantages:
They are VERY cute pets to have!
If you are having a bad day, then, you can always go to your rabbit and let him/her out! They can make you feel A LOT happier!
They are fun to shop for!
I hope that this answers your question(s)! Thanks, and good luck,
~ Future Vet
i have had a few bunnys and there not that hard
Bunny are not hard to take care of . They are not to high in maintenance.They need food , hay and water and TLC and that is really it they do better when they live in the house:)
Kristen
oh no they are easy if you give them a carrot once in awhile they will trust you i have a cute little white one with brown spots you could probaly convince your dad to get a mini lop i convinced my dad
I used to have one. They aren't hard to take care of: food, water and cleaning up the mound of poo that builds up under the cage (if outside). I had a friend who had one inside and somehow managed to litterbox train it; the issue then is cleaning the litterbox and making sure they don't chew up things; her's had a bad habit of eating the molding around the floor.
i used to they are alot of work and they can get fat easily a hamster
I have three and they are not that hard to care for.
We had a cage of them when I was little and lived on a farm. I'd feed them daily and we'd have little ones and the cage never seemed to get crowded. I never thought much about it till I was 11 and I asked my dad what was going on with the rabbits dying. He bust into laughter, looked at me, and said "You know the Sunday meals you thought were chicken" I nodded my head and dad walked away. That was Farm life. The Older ones were super to hold and pet once they trusted you.
Well they aren't exactly hard to care for but can be expensive - they need to be neutered/spayed and vaccinated...need a large cage/hutch with a large run...should have a friend (usually the opposite sex - BOTH bunnies spayed/neutered)...most bunnies don't like to picked up and cuddled either. How about you go to a shelter/rescue with him and get him to see all the bunnies which need homes.
i have bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment