Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Animal Cruelty.help I'm upset!?

For the past 4 weeks I have seen a dog tethered to a tree in someone's front yard a few houses down from me. I live in Texas, so you all hopefully know how the heat is. He has had water every time and he was in the shade, so I figured the sheriff couldn't really say much. Well, as you know we are getting rain from Erin, and it has been raining ALL DAY LONG. I just got home and this poor dog has been sitting outside in the tropical downpour all day. I am LIVID. I called the sheriff and a few minutes later had my husband call on a different phone so they have two reports on them. I am currently sitting by my front door watching but it has been 30 minutes and no sheriff. I have to watch this dog sit in the rain. Please help me stop from charging down there and breaking down their door..seriously.my question is why do people do this and what the heck makes them think it is okay? Oh and every time a car drives by the dog gets soaked. SOAKED.
Answers:
ugh, you are probably more level headed than me because I would just friggin' take the dog, worry about being shot on their property and then also worry about the legal ramifications afterwards. That would drive me crazier than I already am but that is great that you and your husband are already doing something about it. Good luck
what assholes. whats the point of having an animal if people are just going to tie it to a tree 24/7. i want to go down there my self and tether the owners to the damn tree in the rain and see how they like it.
p.s. call the humane society or the aspca instead. they absolutley have to investigate every single report. they will check the situation out and find out if theres anything they can do. you better hope that dog is covered with ticks and severly emaciated so that they have reason to take him away, or they wont be able to do much since he has shade and water. its stupid..i know...but unfortunatley animals dont have very many rights. but you should try and call them any way. they will act a lot faster than the stupid sherriff or police will.
Try reporting it to your local ASPCA or Humane Society.
You go over their house and start yelling at them, that sheriff will be there for two reasons, one to cite the guy if it is animal cruelty in his opinion and you for harassment.
That enough to keep you on your front porch?
Call the local news. they like good human interest stories. And animal cruelty is a hot topic.
However, is the dog a watch dog, or an unwanted pet ? And would they give the dog to someone else ?
Try the Houston Animal Cops- they respond to calls in most of Texas, and if they can't help you they might be able to refer you to someone closer to your area. Try Animal Control too, just keep making calls until you get a response!
this person should be reported to animal control for neglect. the way it sounds, the poor thing has no sshelter to get in out of the rain. is there any way you can go to the door and tell them that they need to do something to protect their dog from the storm? if they won't, then maybe you could ask if they would let you take it in until storm's over. either way they need to be reminded that they HAVE to provide shelter for the dog.
That is absolutly horrible. People treat animals poorly sometimes because they think that their just animals so they can adapt to any situation. I think you should Def. go to their house and talk to them. Tell them that the dog has been crying all day and that if they don't want to take care of their dog than you will! i hate that. please update us on what happens.
call animal control. not refuge league.
I know how you feel. I am from Texas also, and I have called animal control on a neighbor once bc this poor rotwieler was maybe 15 lbs. and i was livid. So they came out and saw him and took him. BUT it doesnt sound the same as your case. I would keep calling them and say you know i am just checking on the statis of someone coming over here. And then if they dont listen .start getting loud!
HOPE I HELPED
thats so rude idk why people even get a dog if there going to not take care of it. call them again i would go to the house and say do u know that your dogs out side with no food or water or shelter. reaal sweet and c what they say and if they say somthing nasty let them have it. the lazy ppl. or you could say are you trying to get rid of your dog cuz its gonna die somtin like that try calling the animal rescue in your area c what they can do or when its night out let it off the chain and take it to the shelter and they can pay the readopition fee plus next thing it will b havin puppys out side with no shelter. poor dog.
Can you not just talk to the owner? Ask them if they could bring the dog inside, or offer to put it in your house during the rain, the best answer is not usually to attack.
Well try calling your friends and ask them to report the dog two! then the sherif is bound to come soon! Well does the dog have food? If not that is horible! I hope he does! so try calling your friends to do that! And if not try talking to the owner ask if he/she can take the dog inside more often!! I hope you find something to do to get the dog to the humane society! Well I hope your friends do that!!! I feel bad for that dog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment