Friday, July 31, 2009

Are elephants really afraid of pelicans?

I've heard that an adult male pelican can fit a newborn elephant in its beak. I live in Russia and have no idea how big an adult elephant is. I'm guessing that an Indian elephant is the size of a cat, and an adult African elephant is the size of a medium sized dog? A friend of mine tells me that a pelican is the size of his Skoda. Is this true?
Answers:
Well, a healthy newborn elephant weighs 150 to 250 pounds. It would have to be a heck of a pelican.
An adult elephant can stand 12 feet tall at the shoulder and weigh six tons or more.
There are elephants in Russia, and you can certainly google them and pelicans up on the internet.
Am I walking with a tilt because you are pulling my leg?
Where did you here that!? Male pelicans CANNOT fit a newborn elephant in it's beak! That's weird..!

No comments:

Post a Comment