Friday, July 31, 2009

Are all people out there against skunks!?

Whenever there is a question on skunks, people seem to spam it with things such as skunks smell and why would you want one, they don't belong here.
Does anyone out here actually understand these creatures and love them as much as I do?
Answers:
I had the most wonderful Kindergarten teacher. One day after recess we came back into the classroom to find a great big box in front of the classroom. We could just barely see over the edge into it. There were towels in it. We could see something else was in it, too. Something alive!
My teacher didn't say a word about the box. She just let us talk amongst ourselves trying to figure out what was in the box.
Then our teacher had us settle down back at our desks. She explained that what was in the box was her pet. She had us share our guesses as to what it might be. Some said it was a kitten. Others a puppy. Most thought it had to be a kitten.
Then she revealed to us that her pet was a skunk! We were thrilled but a little confused as to why it didn't smell bad. She explained to us that it had an operation where the scent glands were removed. I thought that she must have had the coolest pet ever!
That was 31 years ago and I remember it as if it were yesterday. What a cool teacher. What a cool pet!
i have nothing against skunks, and i understand what you are going through. when i had my 2 little ferrets, everytime i asked a question there would be atleast one idiot who(no matter what the question was) would say "ferrets smell"
it drives me crazy, i think skunks and ferrets are cute! i've never had a skunk before, i just never really thought about having one, but they're probably like ferrets in a way :)
I wouldn't mind a skunk as a pet.
I don't think they're just little ugly creature that stink up everything! I think they're cute, and I really don't mind their smell at all! I'm sad to see a dead one on the side of the road. =[
i have never personally owned a skunk, but i used to know a family that had an albino and a black and white. they were sooo cute and friendly. they remind me of a mischievous cat actually. so they have a distinct smell even if descented but that shouldn't matter. all animals have distinct smells and people still get them.
Well i happen to think they are cool. They only spray in self defense. They start off with a series of cartwheels which i bet look pretty funny! That is their first line of defense if this does not scare off their predators they then spray. (My mom actually thinks it smells good.) I don't mind the smell, in fact when we visit the Adirondacks it blends with the smell of the pine and it carries many memories. I do agree with you, skunks are really cut looking, like a cross between a cat and a ferret. But as a pet? They are wild animals and they deserve your respect, so do not domesticate them out of respect for the animal and nature!
I'm biased against them unfortunately. I had to put my dog to sleep because of a rabid skunk. Skunks, especially rabid ones, are super common in my area. In combination with that and my state's crazy laws regarding exposure to rabies.there are lots of people who have lost pets because of skunks. (raccoons too).
Sorry no information because i'll only get a violation
I do! We don't have them available for pets in Ontario, plus my parents would never let me. When i'm older I'll probably have one. Skunks smell bad but it's not as bad as a fart or something so I don't know hwy people criticize them so much.
im not against them thats their form of protection, but they are wild animals and i ve never heard of anyone having one as a pet thats all .
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!I'm against the smell but not the animal.Skunks are cute REEEEEEEEALLYcute!
i dont understand them they do stink but they sure are beautiful
I've never had a personal experience with a skunk but I've heard they make great pets..I'd have one. The reason people comment that they're a bit like ferrets is because they are actually related to ferrets and I know with my ferrets if they are excited or frightened they will let off a stink bomb but its not really that bad and disappears quickly. Skunks and ferrets have a bad reputation because people don't understand them if more people gave them a chance they would see what brilliant affectionate pets they do make.
do you mean men?
I think they are cute..men and skunks.
When you take the stink sack out of a skunk, you have one of the gentelest and fun loving animals alive..
I think they are amazing little creatures. I would love to have one as a pet. Yes, they can smell, but only if they're scarred or you treat them bad. They are so damn cute.
Well I guess a hand reared one would be about as tame as a cat, but even then how do you stop it using its natural defences when it gets startled, this does rather stop them being a good house pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment