Friday, July 31, 2009

Anyone with vet type experience?

How much is the average cost of a set of x-rays for a medium size dog that doesn't require if forget the name but the stuff that makes them sleep. and how about blood work to check for an infection? anyone have an idea most vet's offices wont give me as much as a quote until i go in to see the doc... thank you
Answers:
It really depends on where you are. Around me the set of xrays usually run about $80, blood work is around $40 depending on what you get done exactly. Anesthesia can vary greatly depending on the size and weight of the dog and how much it will need. Also some breeds (bulldogs, pugs, other smushed faced breeds) have a harder time when put under so they do extra monitoring and sometimes tests before they'll even put the dog under to do anything. (anywhere from $70-$200 I've dealt with)
I know what my costs run me and for x-rays to check for puppies when my Bulldog is bred is about $75, blood work all depends on what it is for and how many viles need to be taken... it all depends on the vet and I would even say where you live, demographics play a big role... and the word you are looking for is
anesteshia
X-rays are between $60-$80 where I work, blood work can range from $90-$150.Why not just go in for an exam %26 see what the vet thinks you should do next.Call around %26 ask for prices, we give quotes all the time over the phone.
please dont assume we know where you live...
China?? Canada?? Cambodia??
prices are going to differ where ever you live - a good vet would tell you an approximate cost...

No comments:

Post a Comment