Thursday, July 30, 2009

Annoying - Mentioned before but worth saying again?

What is the deal with cutting and pasting an entire web page as an answer? How about just posting a link? It is annoying as it takes up the whole page and does not represent original thought. In fact, I think its plagarism basically. I prefer to see original answers and providing links to appropriate sites. I think people think it makes them look like experts, but to me they look unoriginal. I tend to thumbs down the worst offenders because it is so annoying. Does anyone else feel this way?
Answers:
I was going to copy a website to answer this question. Then I just decided to be original and say. YES, it drives me crazy when people cannot have an original thought in their head.
Thank you for posting this question.
I do.
If I don't have an answer, I might suggest they google something...but I never paste a whole page of junk!
I never recommend something pasted from a web site, and I wish people would not choose such posts as 'best answer.'
Provide the link instead and write a thoughtful evaluation.
Yes this annoys me too.
How would you know if they are cutting and pasting a answer. They could be coping the article off of their printer and then typing it up from the copy.
What I do is that I have copied on my printer some sites about food that animals can't have and I will type up the whole list that other people can see.
I totally feel that way. It's ok if someone looks at it, makes up they're own answer, and gives the link. But coping the whole link.that's just copy-catting.
Yes...I hate when people do that...it just wastes space..and I think people like personal answers from personal experience..not just regurgitating some website...the asker can do that all on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment