Thursday, July 30, 2009

Animal Trainers at Sea World?

Does anyone know what I would need to do to work as an animal traner at Sea World? Or if not, how about just feeding the animals.is there a name for that? I used to do voulunteer work at the Monterey Bay Aquariam..will that help me out?
Do I need to go to school for that?
Answers:
Your best bet is to ring and see if you can get an appointment with one of the trainers. Be honest and tell them what you are looking for. They will be able to give you all the answers you need.
I worked with a girl once who actually was one of the trainers at Sea World. She had all kinds of neat stories to tell from her experiences there. She did this work for about seven or eight years, I believe, and finally decided to get out of it because she said that she would spend 8-10 hours a day in the water with the animals, and that after awhile, everything in her wardrobe and home smelled like the fish that she fed the animals at work. lol But she did not have any special training or education that qualified her for this job. I believe she said she started off as a tour guide at Sea World and just worked her way up to a trainer's position within two years after starting there. The only way you'll ever know for sure what you will need to do to fulfill this dream is to go after it and see where it leads you. Best of Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment