Friday, July 31, 2009

Are chinchillas legal?

I have some workmates from the USA who believe that it is illegal to buy chinchillas (as pets) over here in the UK, does anyone know if this is true and if it is - why? And also - are they illegal in the US as this seems quite a crazy law if so.
Answers:
Ha! What a funny remark! I live in the UK and have 3 happy chins! It is NOT illegal whatsoever! If it was then that would be very weird.! There are also not illegal in the US.
In most countries the legal age to consider as a adult is 21.So long as the chinchillas is 21.It legal.
I don't know about the UK, but I know that they quite legal in the US. So it would be my guess that they would also be legal in the UK.
I am going to say yes.I am 20 and a few years ago my mom bought 2 chinchillas and we actually got more because one was pregnant. Although they may be close to endangered species, that is because poachers hunt for their fur, but they are still available to buy in pet stores.
If they are illegal then I'm breaking the law 7 times over! No they are not illegal here and are common sights in pet shops. They are not illegal in the US either.
They are legal in the UK, here's the website to The National Chinchilla Society (UK): http://www.natchinsoc.co.uk/ (which wouldn't exist unless they were legal :P ).
They are illegal here in Australia though... *grumble*
Yeah of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment