Friday, July 31, 2009

Are cats or dogs smarter?

I think they are both very smart. Cats are trained to know that they go to the bathroom in the litter box, they clean themselves, and they come when you call their name and when you snap your fingers. (dogs too) Dogs are smart because they can fetch, and sit when you tell them to and my Aunt's goes to the woods to poop when my Aunt says ''Go fetch the stick.'' I also have a cat and a kitten and they're pretty well behaved. So what do you guys think?
Answers:
Cats. If they want to they cat be trained. Mine know how to sit, stay, come, lay down, roll over, shake, and stand. Cats know that they don't have to do what you tell them to do and they have no reason to do it unless they get something out of it. That's my opinion. :)
I think it depends on the animal. There are some really stupid cats and some really smart dogs and visa versa. Generally, I believe cats are thought of as more intelligent because they are more cunning. If you're talking about intelligent because they are trainable then dogs might be considered smarter because they tend to be more loyal. I have a cat and a dog and I couldn't tell you which is smarter because they both have their moments!
In the cartoon world, dogs and cats are natural enemies. In that two-dimensional universe, cats are smarter than dogs, and the humans all have three fingers and a thumb. You can't use the cartoon world to determine which are smarter, cats or dogs. In my house, which is inhabited by 3 cats and 2 dogs, I would have to say that the dog is the smarter creature. It's an important question, though, one that Cat People and Dog People have debated forever. If you're a Cat Person, you know that cats are smarter because they're independent and clean, and they have an uncanny sense of where they are and how to get home. If you're a Dog Person, you know that dogs are smarter because they're easier to train. In fact, dogs are so smart, they sometimes even wear police badges and perform important jobs for people with disabilities, among other things. In my opinion, my close and personal opinion, I'd say it totally depends on the breed, behavior, temper, as not all cats and dogs are the same breed, of course.
I'm not sure, but if I were to make an educated guess, I would say cats, because they are more patient and observant than dogs.
i think the are both smart ! to tell u

No comments:

Post a Comment