Wednesday, July 29, 2009

African dwarf frogs?

Not too long a go, I bought a pair of african dwarf frogs. A few nights ago, we had a really bad storm. I heard this noise that sounded like a buzzing noise, and to my surprise, it was one of my frogs! Does anyone what this sound is and why they make it?
Answers:
mine made a sound like that when I first brought him home and put him in the tank; granted this was almost 10 years ago when I was a little kid (my first tank: I had a ten gallon tank with a betta and an african dwarf frog-they lived well together for four years before the heater broke during the winter and the water got too cold before I noticed it was broken, I replaced the heater with a new one the same day but I guess it was too late for the frog...the betta however lived another 4 months) I remember calling and asking the woman at the pet store why he made that sound and she said something about his stress level being elevated because I just brought him home, maybe yours was just stressed out because of the storm. I know mine only made that sound once in the four years I had him, although, a thought comes to mind about an online article I recently read about aquatic frog mating habits and the sort of chirping sound they make, so it might also be that your frogs were trying to mate? Sorry I can't be much help.
it is ok they make that sound at night just like other frogs do.trust me i know the soung i have african dwarf frogs.
interesting, I have Africian Clawed Frogs and have never heard a sound

No comments:

Post a Comment