Monday, May 24, 2010

Can a rabbit..?

play with yarn? is it safe??
Answers:
Please no... it can cause obstruction to the gut. Instead, have your bun play with cardboard boxes, cardboard paper towel rolls, paper plates, paper bowls, paper cups, etc. My buns LOVE when I cut holes in cardboard boxes... it is like a playscape!!
I wouldn't recommend it. Rabbits often chew/eat pieces of their toys and yarn would cause a blockage.
its not a good idea they will try to eat it. i would stick with wood chews.
NONO NOwhen i took my bunny to the vet she told me "No strings of any kind. It could be very dangrus and result in DEATH!" so please do not let your bunny play with yarn it could kill him if he ate it.
I'm not sure...consult that with a vet or a friend that is a rabbit expert. The rabbit might try to gnaw on the yarn, then it might choke...
-Lil' Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment