Saturday, May 22, 2010

Black bugs in hermit crab tank?

I've looked at pictures of many different types of mites, and the bugs that are in my tank don't look like anything I've seen. They're pretty small, black, and when i try to pick them up they jump, they're not flees :) I just see them crawling around in the substrate, but I don't see any on my crabs, and I've only seen maybe 3 or 4 of them. Has anybody seen these before?
Answers:
Take the crabs out. Clean the cage. Replace sand. Spray the black bugs with 409 disinfectant. and rinse the tank clean. 409 disinfectent(not the glass cleaner 409) kills fast. Bottom line. If I see uninvited visitors in my pet's cage I dont go looking through the encyclapedia of uninvited critters to see what crtiiter he is. I'll I care is that they are killed and far away from pets.
i have there bettles and you should spary your tank to get rid of them but if you do take the crabs out because the bettles can git the craps sick
reclean the tank and cover it
You need to remove the substrate and decor, sanitze the tank, food, water,bathing dishes %26 the decor you wish to keep( use bleach-water 1/2 oz of bleach per gallon of water) wash down bottom %26 sides and all decor, rinse untill you can no longer detect a bleach odor. Replace substrate with fresh sand %26 crab soil.

No comments:

Post a Comment