Sunday, August 2, 2009

Are you a dog person or a cat person and why?

I'm a dog person I love dogs so much although I can easily get scared from them.. I have a dog German Shepherd her name is "Shayan"..
I would love to know your opinions and reasons
Answers:
I personally am a dog person. I have 4 dogs. I have a Yorkie, a black lab, a German Shepherd and a bulldog hound mix. I love them all to death. Dogs have a tendency to be there for you, to make you happy, to be there when you need them the most. Cats on the other hand seem to believe you are there for them. Everything with a cat is on their terms, they do what they want when they want and how they want to do it. I like cats as well but I prefer to stick with my dogs.
I have both - i like both. But dogs are more fun.
Dog. And larger breeds, retrievers, etc. Cats are too sneaky.
I'm more of a dog person but it's not like cats are terrible. All my cat experiences are good in all but it just seems that dogs just seem more loving and caregiving. Cats are cuddly and cute but dogs seem to be smarter and understanding. If you have a dog you know what I'm talking about.
why do humans have the need o categorise everything? i have both, a cat and a dog and i love them both to bits. there are advantages and disadvantages on both sides, a cat can look after herself, a dog cant, a dog will give you all the affection YOU want, a cat will give you the affection SHE wants, they are both different animals, and people should be ashamed to compare.!
I have both. My dog, Watermelon, is my outdoors fun companion. We go to the lake, go fishing and hunting, he loves to ride in (inside of course) my truck. My kitten, Sluggo, is my playful inside buddy who loves to wrestle and cuddle up as we watch tv.
I like both for different reasons.
A dog is usually always ready to play and be at your side while a cat can be more moody. However, I find that cats are much cleaner and don't smell as bad as dogs. Also, it is much easier to take care of a cat because it doesn't need to be let outside every few hours. A cat can be left alone for a few days if need be so long as you provide enough food and water. Then again, you can't take a cat for a walk and a dog can provide some security/protection.
I am personaly a cat person. I love the fact that they are litter trained and they can fend for themselves. Cats also can have fun and play though. Cats are cheaper to me and are less maitnance! I have 2 cats, one a 15 year old and the other is only 8-9 weeks old! They play and are sooo cute. But I love dogs, thier sooo cute, I just think they need alot of care. dogs are also sometimes defensless. and expensive
I am an animal lover in general, but I have to say that cats are much easier to care for than dogs, and are less likely to get you in trouble. Never heard of a vicious cat attack. Recently here in South Carolina there have been a rash of dog attacks - some fatal.
I think that it all comes down to responsible pet ownership. Any dog, except for the Chow, can be trusted as long as it is raised from a puppy. The reason I say Chow dogs are an exception is that they are the only dog recognized by the SPCA and PETA as a breed that has been in-bread to the point of complete instability. They will turn on their master for no reason.
German Shepherd dogs are my favorite - I had a solid black AKC Shep named Medes Christmas Magic , or Majie for short. She is in doggie heaven now but she was a great dog.
I guess to sum it up, I am a cat person if I live in an apartment, but if I live in a house with land and a fence, I am a dog person too. I will always be partial to cats for their rodent control skills - I always keep a couple of good mousers around the house. Right now I have a Hiland Lynx (registered with the rare and exotic feline registry as an endangered species) and a good old feline domesticus tuxedo kitty.
I'm a cat person because I am lazy and I hate water loll
I love them both.
I had cats for 23 years. They have more personality than any 3 dogs and can be either haughty and dignified or clumsy and hilarious clowns, often within the same 60 seconds. When they love you, they may pat your face and beg to be held. They are empathetic to your moods to a nearly eerie degree. And there's nothing like a warm kitty in the lap on a cold evening. They are also very convenient pets because you don't have to walk them or throw sticks for them or continually fuss over them.
On the other hand, I have had two great dogs. They are the most unabashedly loving and loyal pets you can find. It is just impossible to resist their enthusiasm and zest for life and my current sweet pup is a 4 year old lab mix that I just adore. She is better than the doorbell for letting me know when a stranger is around and is very protective, but she puts up with my grandchildren so patiently. She is laying at my feet just now.
So I guess I must just be a pet person.
i like both. but if i had to choose i would say dog. there more social and fun to play with.
I'm definitely a dog person. I love dogs and they love me. I don't know why but I think cats just don't like me. Dogs are cuddly and stuff and like to play and don't attack for no reason(at least not the ones I know).
i am definitely a cat person, although i prefer no pets at all. we got my daughter a cat when she was 15, which now lives with her (she moved out when she was 18, and he lived on %26 off with us for the next couple years still but is now full-time with her), our son had a chihuahua for a very short time (made him get rid of it cuz it kept pooping in the house -- that's why i'm NOT a dog person!!), we still have a cockatiel, and when he's gone, i don't want any more pets. i like cats cuz they're quieter, cuddlier, calmer, and less smelly!!
When I was little I would pretend I was a dog and crawl around the house for hours, and that's all I did up to the age of close to 9! I was never scared of dogs. ( Some strays would come into our yard and mom would panick when I started just walking over to them ) I have gotten bite dogs before, but I stay true and faithful to them, so yes I'm a dog person. Cats are OK - beside mine she's part insane - but I've always liked dogs. Dogs can sense when your sad, angry, and happy. But I guess cats can too..... well I guess I like both, but if I HAD to choose, dogs.
I am a dog person because dogs rock! Cats dont come when they are called there independent. Dogs you can play fetch run around and german sherpards are great dogs i know my cousin has 2 shes buying one more next week. Dogs are the best however mean u r to them they will still come back well if your not to mean. to wrap it up dogs rule!!
And dogs are cute
DOG! cats smell and they rip up everything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment