Sunday, August 2, 2009

Are there any healthy natural animal foods out there?

I'm trying to find all natural (which is what I call organic) healthy cat food and dog food. However cat food is my main concern. There have been many food recalls due to poisoning and I don't trust feeding my animals anything with asian products in (ANY). I'm looking to see if there are ANY all natural animal foods made in north america or in australia. I've bought a brand of animal food from the vet and my animals won't touch it, and as I trust their response to food, I feel there must be something wrong with it. I also tried an all natural animal food but some of my animals got sick and so I stopped buying that food. I'm looking for a lesser known brand because obviously as we've seen the big brand names are the ones that have the issues. If anyone else does not agree with my views I'd rather not be critiqued, and it's fine if you feel differently. I greatly appreciate any comment. My cats eat so much (as I have quite a few) that I can't make my own food but I might for my dog.
Answers:
I feed my cats raw rabbit, bones, hair and all. You can't get much more natural and organic than that, and it's cheap, too. Even cheaper if you buy a shotgun.
Mice, rats, and squirrels are all organic and tastey
You are definately right about pet food. There is much more going on than most of us know. (I work in a pet store and I did a research paper on it).
Here is an article that can help you find a natural pet food:
http://www.api4animals.com/facts.php?p=3...
Whenever you make a transition to a healthier food you may get upset tummies, stinkiness and possibly loose stool. This is not a sign that the food is not good but that your dogs body is expelling toxins from the old food. I would also suggest making the transition very slowly. Mix the old food with the new food and gradually work up to it. Supplementing with probiotics can help.
I won't recommend something specific without knowing more about your pets but here are some brands that I really like. If you go to your local natural pet store, they should have samples that you can try.
Wellness
Innova
Innova Evo
California Natural
Solid Gold
Eaglepack
Merrick
Fromm
Go!
Back to Basics
Timberwolf
are you kidding!!!!!!!!!...
make your own food..trust me...even the organic is bad for your animals.
have you ever studied the ingredients on dog food and cat food all the chemicals and stuff??
i have two cats and i feed them the scraps from dinner ( meats,rice,old bread etc.) they are the healthiest cats in the world their coats are so shiny and smooth and their very HAPPY.
dont buy that junk its very bad..trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment