Friday, May 8, 2009

A Parakeet, or a Corn Snake?

This seems like an odd choice, but I would like both, and i need help deciding
They would cost about the same I know, and I already have a bird cage, and an aquarium
I already have a cockatiel, but have always loved snakes, I was trying to convince my parents into letting me have one, and they almost caved until my friend gave me her cockatiel, I love my bird, and i now realize that birds are the type of pet I should have
But, i've been researching corn snakes, and still would LOVE to have one. I already have 3 hamsters, my cockatiel, and my fish tank that are my personal pets (the rest of my family has 3 dogs and a cat, but the rest are my responsibility)
I want a low mantinence pet, and a corn snake is less maintenence than another bird
What do you think
Answers:
The bird, friend, the bird. Snakes are a gross upkeep to feed, got to feed them live. pronounced l-eye-v. and if you love animals, you will NOT enjoy feeding that snake. I had a bf who had two snakes and every time he had to feed them he looked horrified and nauseous, and I wondered why he even bothered. Get the boyd!! tweet tweet!
don't you have to buy baby mice at the pet shop to feed the snake? Just curious.
I guess if you want a snake go for it
If you want a reptile,a bearded dragon makes a good pet,i have two corn snakes and a bearded dragon and to be honest the snakes spend most of their time sleeping.
The lizard is alot more livelier.
Parakeet! Snakes are not safe!
I had a white parakeet named Jack who would sit on my finger %26 do the funky bird dance.He was hilarious!
I have his brother ,Zippy now %26 another male who is yellow.
They can be so amusing!
Now show me a snake that sits up %26 dances when you ask it to!
snakes do NOT have to eat live... that's just silly. I buy frozen mice to feed mine. You just thaw them out under a light or in warm water. More convenient, safer for the snake, cleaner for you... cheaper... less trauma LOL
Since you already have a bird, I'd say go for the corn snake. Glad to hear you've been reading up on them... soooo many people get pets without knowing anything about them.
Here's a couple good sites if you haven't already checked them out. :)
http://www.anapsid.org/corn.html...
http://www.cornsnakes.com/
well i dont really have the experience of a corn snake, but i've had 2 parakeets before. their friendly but only if u are the kinda person to talk to them alot. if u dont they wont talk, and u could get them another parakeet as a friend. but then they wont talk because the other parakeet will be their belongings instead of your friend. i would get either of them, but most likely the parakeet :) good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment