Friday, May 8, 2009

Advice on Stick Bugs?

I just got 2 Stick Bugs and I am fixing up the habitat slowly. Is there any plants that should NOT be in the terrarium?
So far I have the stuff the pet store owner gave me for the bottom. A block of dirt and other stuff mix that is soaked in water then placed in the aquarium. I have a vase that I put the briar clippings in. Some hen and chick cactus, Cooler Vinca and Coleus plants in there. I mist the habitat daily.
Any advice on whatelse to add or not add? I have them in a 20gal tall aquarium. Same base size as a 10 gal but taller.
Answers:
Sounds like you are off to a good start. Vinca and blackberry are the two plants kept in the stick bug cage at the natural history museum where I work part-time. I would stay away from cape ivy as I have heard it can be poisonous.
why on earth would you want a stick bug?get a lizard atleast, they are better. put leaves and ALOT of sticks in there. and put a little pond in there. only a tiny one though.

good luck lol
I think walking sticks are neat looking. You can put any kind of sticks and folage in with the walking stick. They are more active at night. Have fun with your walking stick. Have you seen the ones that they have in different countries. They are very neat and they are larger then the ones in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment