Friday, May 8, 2009

!!!!!my goats horn just broke off it is really bleeding please help!!!!!?

My goat was playing with his sister and his horn broke off I am sooo scared it is really bleeding. Helpppp Pleassssssseee
Answers:
i'm sorry.
I don't know much about goats, but i know they have some big vessles in their horns. Do you have a vet that will treat goat emergencies. In the mean time try to apply pressure to control the bleeding. (a broken horn can open up the skull so sinuses are exposed that can lead to the brain). I hope you can get a vet.
Apply pressure and call your vet ASAP.
OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NOOH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO
why are you on yahoo if this is so serious? call an ambulence or whatever you goat owners call for goat emergencies!
Apply pressure, and apply styptic power liberally to the horn end.
Call your vet immediately if the powder doesn't stop the bleeding. Call your vet in the morning ( I don't know where you live but its midnight here) to get it looked at. I'm not a goat owner, but I'm pretty sure the horn will just grow back eventually.
See the links below
if you do not have a quick stop item such as styptic powder common baking flower can be used as a coagulant.
Apply liberally and it will help the bleeding stop.
I would recommend contacting a vet however.

No comments:

Post a Comment